Registration is needed to post to this forum.
By vera
Hi,

My son has an opportunity to play for a AA team but I feel he would be good enough to make a AAA team. Ultimately, I would like him to play high level hockey (AAA) but I'm afraid that if he goes into AA, making the jump to AAA might be harder if not impossible.

Some coaches say that it's much easier to go into AAA from the get-go rather than trying to make the jump a couple of years in.

I don't know how much truth there is to that....

Thanks!
By duster
vera wrote:Hi,

My son has an opportunity to play for a AA team but I feel he would be good enough to make a AAA team. Ultimately, I would like him to play high level hockey (AAA) but I'm afraid that if he goes into AA, making the jump to AAA might be harder if not impossible.

Some coaches say that it's much easier to go into AAA from the get-go rather than trying to make the jump a couple of years in.

I don't know how much truth there is to that....

Thanks!

That's a load of ... put your kid in "AA" and let him develop. If he's good enough, he'll get noticed and a spot will open up. If you force him into "AAA" he'll get noticed ... for the wrong reasons.
By topshelf
In some instances the difference between AA and AAA is money & travel. Some AA players could eeeeasily be AAA but choose to stay AA. It's more expensive to play AAA then it is AA. Also, don't forget that AAA has 1 division while AA has 2 (East and West); so, AA has less traveling as well.

The coach you spoke with is probably trying to convince you to play AAA. Put it this way, if your kid is good or decent, he'll get a chance to move up to AAA every year.
  Become a member and ditch the ads...