Registration is needed to post to this forum.
By TheG
There are chatter that the AAA teams have been assigned for the 2008 age group already. To the folks with experience, isn't it too early for these things to be taking place?
By RepHockey
TheG wrote:There are chatter that the AAA teams have been assigned for the 2008 age group already. To the folks with experience, isn't it too early for these things to be taking place?

It's not too early for chatter to start behind the scenes. You have to think that these clubs want to get the best team on the ice... so scouting, scouting, scouting is the name of the game.
By RumourMill
TheG wrote:There are chatter that the AAA teams have been assigned for the 2008 age group already. To the folks with experience, isn't it too early for these things to be taking place?

Not a chance that it's too early. There's already rumblings about who has who and who's going where.

Side note: thanks for not putting ads after login...
By RumourMill

Oh... and AAA teams aren't assigned. I'm sure owners are approaching potential coaches and then the coaches have to prove their worth.
By pipes
RumourMill wrote:

Oh... and AAA teams aren't assigned. I'm sure owners are approaching potential coaches and then the coaches have to prove their worth.

There's nothing wrong with playing "A" or "AA" and then making the jump to "AAA". In the end, it may actually be beneficial if your kid is on the fringes of making "AAA". You don't want your kid to end up riding the pine while you sponsor the "stars" with your fees.

As for the chatter... 50% of what you hear is probably true while the other 50% is most likely just chest thumping.
By duster
Don't forget... your coach may be coaching a "AAA" team, but that doesn't mean that your players are moving with him.

"TheG" check your Private Messages.
By qwert
Tons of rumours with the 2008 group... latest rumour: TH is going to be DMF. Whether this is true or not - who knows.
By frustrated
My son plays minor atom and believe it or not, I just found out (from another parent) that one of the players on our team paid a fraction of what all of us paid to play on the team. I'm pretty pissed off and wondering how common this is? I have nothing against the kid but man... hockey ain't cheap to begin with.
By stapler
frustrated wrote:My son plays minor atom and believe it or not, I just found out (from another parent) that one of the players on our team paid a fraction of what all of us paid to play on the team. I'm pretty pissed off and wondering how common this is? I have nothing against the kid but man... hockey ain't cheap to begin with.

Sorry but this happens more often than you think. I don't know that it's a common practise but yes, it does happen.
  Become a member and ditch the ads...