Registration is needed to post to this forum.
By RumourMill
TheG wrote:DD going VK. Any truth to that?

Well, you've got to be more precise. Here's how it's most likely going to go down:

1. Duffield currently has a 2008 team that was moved down to Tier 2. Tough season for that team but apparently, this is the team that will be going to YN. There's even a rumour out there that the top defensive player on that Tier 2 team is going to go to Weston... but who knows and this is not the point of this thread.
  2. Duffield will field another 2008 team next year. That team recruited some players from SIR and tried to go after a number of other players. This team is going to be going to the VK.

So:
Current DD Tier 2 team => YN
New 2008 DD team => VK
By 2008observer
RumourMill wrote:Whether the following is true or not, I don't know. However, these are the current rumours and speculations.

The current top 5 GTHL teams and the respective rumours for 2008 team connections:

1. JRC => 2008 GB/TH connection
  2. TM => 2008 NTR/HVB/TH/multiple connections
  3. MS => 2008 PC connection
  4. VK => 2008 SIR/multiple connections
  5. DMF => 2008 TH connection

There is very little (microscopic) truth to this: TM => 2008 NTR/HVB/TH/multiple connections. With all the chatter and blabber around the rinks, one could deduce that the TM have opted to build from scratch and that they will get players from other teams. These other teams will expect the players who are playing for their "feeder" team in 2016 to stay with them for the 2017 year... but rest assured that those coaches and teams will have their hopes dashed. Rumours have it that the coaching staff of the 2017 team has very little experience in the 2008 loop when compared to other teams (you name any other team). If the rumours are true, then you can certainly expect top players from other 2008 teams to be gobbled up. That said, there is very little (microscopic) truth to the connection rumoured above.
By The truth
one of tm coaches has been in 08 loop for a while and has the core in place they won't be starting from scratch . I heard there are select few from nt some went to play up a year and they have some from other programs as well . Tm always has the draw the jersey sells itself but it's a long road and some players can come out of no where and others will fall don't believe the hype .
By 2008observer
The truth wrote:one of tm coaches has been in 08 loop for a while and has the core in place they won't be starting from scratch . I heard there are select few from nt some went to play up a year and they have some from other programs as well . Tm always has the draw the jersey sells itself but it's a long road and some players can come out of no where and others will fall don't believe the hype .

1. Yes... the jersey does have some pull and kids will come out of woodwork. Isn't that a +1 for starting from scratch?
  2. You wrote: one of the TM coaches "has been" in 08 loop... has been? does this mean he no longer is? If that's the case, then +1 for starting from scratch...
  3. Rumour about select few from NT going to TM is simply not true. The rumour was most likely started by a delusional NT parent with high hopes for their son. However, consider for a second that MAYBE the rumour is true. Even if it is true, say 2 of those kids gets picked up by TM... there are still 13 other spots to fill. To me, that's a +1 for starting from scratch.
By RumourMill
2008observer wrote:
The truth wrote:one of tm coaches has been in 08 loop for a while and has the core in place they won't be starting from scratch . I heard there are select few from nt some went to play up a year and they have some from other programs as well . Tm always has the draw the jersey sells itself but it's a long road and some players can come out of no where and others will fall don't believe the hype .

1. Yes... the jersey does have some pull and kids will come out of woodwork. Isn't that a +1 for starting from scratch?
  2. You wrote: one of the TM coaches "has been" in 08 loop... has been? does this mean he no longer is? If that's the case, then +1 for starting from scratch...
  3. Rumour about select few from NT going to TM is simply not true. The rumour was most likely started by a delusional NT parent with high hopes for their son. However, consider for a second that MAYBE the rumour is true. Even if it is true, say 2 of those kids gets picked up by TM... there are still 13 other spots to fill. To me, that's a +1 for starting from scratch.

Even your post is giving some support to this rumour: "TM => 2008 NTR/HVB/TH/multiple connections".

"Starting from scratch" is in the eye of the beholder.

I'll give you some examples:
  • If a team has 15 players but get a new coach - are they starting from scratch? Some would say yes, some would say no.
  • If a team has 3 groups of 5 players, where each group has played together before - are they starting from scratch? Some would say yes, some would say no.
In either of these examples, think about what you would say and then decide whether or not TM is starting from scratch.
By PostIt

I doubt the kids from NT who are playing up will be going to TM. I also doubt that the TM coach has a good idea of who's going to be playing. TM is a great organization and it's more likely that they'll wait until the talent comes knocking at their door.... not reverse.
By RumourMill
The truth wrote:where would the nt kids go ??? are they part of another team in aaa already ????

I doubt that the NT kids are part of another AAA team (just like I doubt that they're part of the TM) and I'm sure, just like any other parent, they'd be happy to look at their options. What about the other kids that are supposedly part of that TM squad - are they not going to drop their current team to become TMs? Probably, but they will also most likely look at their options.
  Become a member and ditch the ads...