Registration is needed to post to this forum.
By GeForce
GoalieDad wrote:What's the typical goalie budget for a A or a AA team?

Last year, my son's AA team paid $5,500 in goalie training... but it all depends on the coach/coaching staff. Lucky for my son, the coach understood that the goalie is the most important player on the team.
By GoalieDad
Well... now that I've seen the goalie budget at $2,000 I'm pretty disappointed. The coach of the team thinks this is enough for two goalies and with a couple of skates under our belt, it's clear he doesn't have a clue how to manage goalies on the ice.

I think coaches should get mandatory training on how to properly integrate goalies into practises. No wonder the Canadian programs haven't produced a quality goaltender in a while.
By duster
GoalieDad wrote:Well... now that I've seen the goalie budget at $2,000 I'm pretty disappointed. The coach of the team thinks this is enough for two goalies and with a couple of skates under our belt, it's clear he doesn't have a clue how to manage goalies on the ice.

I think coaches should get mandatory training on how to properly integrate goalies into practises. No wonder the Canadian programs haven't produced a quality goaltender in a while.

$2,000 for two goalies? Doesn't matter if you're in A, AA, or AAA that seems ridiculously low. I would have expected a minimum of $1,500 per goalie (on the low end). Also most coaches have no clue how to manage goalies. They turn into targets and are expected to do training elsewhere (this probably happens 40% of the time). It's funny how coaches thing goalies just like to "see pucks". What they fail to realize is that goalies actually need to work on their edges, slides, t-pushes, etc... just as much as skaters need to work on their cross-overs, edges, fighting for puck, backwards skating, etc...
  Become a member and ditch the ads...