Registration is needed to post to this forum.
My video response to you:

This is a MUST read for anyone who is thinking about Spring hockey. Sobering:
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opinion/fyi/spring-fever-189487451.html

Article highlights:

• There's a revolution taking place in Canadian minor hockey. Some call it evolution; others call it anarchy on ice.
  • Across the country, teams are being spawned by the hundreds outside the long arm of Hockey Canada. It's an entire subset of unregulated, under-the-radar programs, especially for children between the ages of eight and 13. They have become a beacon for parents with needs to fill and money to spend -- whether they can afford it or not.
  • The most elite teams will spend the months of April, May and June travelling across North America -- from Boston to Chicago to Toronto to Los Angeles -- participating in tournaments that can reap organizers tens of thousands of dollars in just one weekend.
  • The tabs for parents can run well over $20,000. But increasingly, money is no object. In fact, the competition created in the spring leagues has only escalated the price of success."
"All-expenses-paid flight to Vancouver, with a companion to boot. Nice hotel. The works. All compliments of some deep-pocketed team owners from the West Coast."

That's the only way to play Spring hockey.

If my kid played on the same team as this boy, I would have a hard time knowing that I paid 5K+ to join ONE tournament while others got it for free. But then again, I ain't that insane to pay 5K+ for ONE tournament.
peacock wrote:"All-expenses-paid flight to Vancouver, with a companion to boot. Nice hotel. The works. All compliments of some deep-pocketed team owners from the West Coast."

That's the only way to play Spring hockey.

If my kid played on the same team as this boy, I would have a hard time knowing that I paid 5K+ to join ONE tournament while others got it for free. But then again, I ain't that insane to pay 5K+ for ONE tournament.

I'd go nuts.
  Become a member and ditch the ads...